Monday, August 4, 2008

In the beginning...and now!

At first, my cards were pretty archaic. They had scraps pieces of paper, some ribbon and a bought embellishment. I thought they were prety snazzy but I have since decided that they are just okay.



Then I decided to try beading. I thought these cards would be so popular but I think poeple think they are maybe too bulky for mailing so they didn't really sell. (Although I mailed one or two and it worked just fine!)





Then, I tried playing with backgrounds in my photographs. Some were taken on my kitchen counter, some on the carpet, some on the table. Now, I take them outside in natural light which seems to be working a bit better for me.

I have also changed my prices a million times. At first the cards were $3.00 then $1.50 and now they are $1.75 to $2.00. I think these are fair prices based on the time I put in not to mention the supplies I use.

I have also branched out in making mini cards, homemade flowers, stationery and gift tags. These items sell pretty well and they are so much fun to make.


Mini Cards


Stationery


Flower Embellishments


Gift Tags

1 comment:

Darlyne Searle said...

The gift tags are beautiful. I just love them.